Image Source from Paxley
Getting the right pair of sunglasses for little kids is super important and here's why: Did you know that excessive unprotected exposure to the sun in early years can lead to vision problems in the future? Yes. We haven't been taking care of our planet, our ozone layer is weaker, and the sun rays reaching our outdoors-playing-littles are more and more harmful.
Ok, that's a little scary, but hey, we have a solution!! S U N G L A S S E S
The thing is: you can't just get any type of sunglasses lacking the UV protection. You know how pupils get bigger when you're in a dark room and smaller when you're looking into the light? Sunglasses have the 'dark room effect' on your eyes, and with bigger pupils, more light is coming into the eyes, and if that light is not filtered correctly, it could be super harmful! Also, as an added bonus, nothing is cooler than a pair of good sunglasses.
So don't worry, we are here to help with some tips on how to choose the perfect sunglasses for your littles!
- Make sure to get glasses that block 99-100 percent both UVA and UVB rays and meet international standars
- Get play-proof lenses, i.e. sunnies that will stay in your little's head no matter how much they run, jump, dance, and even trip! Also check that they are shatter-resitant and won't hurt your kid after an impact
- Make sure they come with good packaging for you to keep them safe from scratches or warping, distorting your little's vision
- Keep an eye out for glasses that wont hurt them! Pinch-free hinges are super important to prevent cuts on their little fingers and faces!
- Now this is super important: kids grow out of their clothes every month, don't let this happen to your valuable sunnies as well. They need glasses with shapable temples and rubber nose pads that will adjust to their growing heads with a good grip.
- Your kids might eventually need prescription lenses, but that shouldn't mean you should get all new frames! Getting glasses that are optical-ready and can potentially be repurposed for prescription lenses could be a really good plus!
And hey, guess what? we offer ALL OF THIS and more in cool and colorful styles for your littles!